- Quotation, n: An ordinary line, magically transformed into an insightful, pithy and universal truth, merely by quoting it completely out of context.
- Rahul Agarwal
Here are some better quotations on … err … quotations, from the quotationspage:
- People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them Benjamin Franklin said it first.
- David H. Comins
- Quotation, n: The act of repeating erroneously the words of another.
- Ambrose Bierce (1842 – 1914), The Devil’s Dictionary
- The point of quotations is that one can use another’s words to be insulting.
- Amanda Cross (1926 – )